Recapping International Women’s Day
We had an exciting International Women’s Day yesterday at the MHTF. You can read what MHTF Director Ann Blanc had to say about the Young Champions of Maternal Health, updates from our partners and view our website in three new languages.
There was flurry of activity on the web yesterday as organizations wrote about what they are doing to improve the lives of women. Below is a snapshot of some of the important work being done on women’s health.
- EngenderHealth President Pamela W. Barnes and Jeffrey L. Sturchio on investing global women’s health
- Maternal health and neglected tropical diseases from the Global Network for Neglected Tropical Diseases
- “Saving Lives at Birth: A Grand Challenge for Development” from USAID, the Gates Foundation and others
- The Kaiser Family Foundation marks the 100th IWD
- Jill Sheffield from Women Deliver and Nalini Saligram from Arogya World on the 100th IWD as a catalyst for change
- Celebrating IWD at the Guardian
- “A Woman’s Health is Her Primary Wealth” at Management Sciences for Health
- Nick Kristof on women leaders
- Women’s health on IWD at USAID
- Two new challenges from ABC on maternal health and surviving childbirth
Categories: Maternal Health