This week on the MHTF blog:
- Raji Mohanam interviewed a member of the “Be the Change: Save a Life Maternal Health Challenge” winning team
- UNFPA published The State of the World’s Midwifery Report
- What answers does China hold for maternal health?
- Reader responses to our post on TBAs
- What are potential impacts of pay-for-performance schemes?
- Cash transfers for maternal health on GlobalMama (free registration required)
- Tim Thomas wrote about maternal health developments in Uganda
Some reading for the weekend:
- Photo essay: Maternal health in Malawi
- Micronutrients in pregnancy and infant survival
- Ethical considerations and informed consent in research
- Sierra Leone MoH’s chief medical officer on reduced fees for mothers and children
- A different look at Sierra Leone’s free healthcare scheme