Jacaranda Health is seeking an experienced clinician with significant work in maternal and child health to assist and provide mentorship to our growing clinical team. The position will be a mix of operations and strategy. We are seeking a clinician who can work closely with nursing staff to identify areas of need and think creatively about clinical innovations to improve the quality of maternal and newborn care. Additionally, the clinician will provide leadership for the team that is formulating user‐friendly protocols for the fixed clinic, ensuring there are no gaps in clinical provision and that essential standards of care are being delivered.
Jacaranda Health aims to become a chain of maternal health clinics and also a pioneer in maternal health innovation. The clinical mentor will have the opportunity to interact with clinicians and advisors at the forefront of maternal health – from our great team of nurses to international maternal health experts – and help us think strategically about how to incorporate some of the most interesting innovations into our model of care.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified medical doctor with a specialization in obstetrics and gynecology, experience in a low resource setting and a public health perspective, and with a strong desire to empower our team of midwives to deliver a new standard of patient–‐centered maternal health care in Kenya. Teaching and training experience is desirable. Our preference is for an ob–‐gyn, but we will also consider experienced midwifes or medical officers with the right set of clinical and leadership experience.
- Mentor our clinical team of nurse midwives to empower them, build their leadership skills and improve their clinical skills
- Help foster an environment of continuous quality improvement lead by our front–‐line staff
- Work closely with clinical staff on quality improvement innovations
- Act as an advisor on the setup and logistics of our first maternity clinic to ensure we are set up to provide high quality, patient–‐centered care
- Provide clinical input into implementation of our systems (e.g. technology systems, marketing and outreach)
- Work with external advisors (medical doctors) to design, review and help implement processes, workflows, clinical protocols and quality control for Jacaranda clinics
The full description and instructions on how to apply are available here.