Global Health and Diplomacy (GHD) is looking for an Editorial Intern to assist in writing short articles, updating social media, and performing other tasks.
Be sure to check out the maternal and child health section of Global Health and Diplomacy–with a post, The Fight for Maternal and Child Health in Sub-Saharan Africa, by the President of Tanzania.
Intern job duties/description:
The intern will be based in Washington, DC and assist the DC-based Editor-in-Chief and New York-based Managing Editor in preparing Spring 2012 issue of Global Health and Diplomacy magazine.
- Assist in all aspects of content development for Global Health and Diplomacy (GHD) print magazine, including preparing call for articles, and working with heads of state, health ministers, philanthropists and global health experts to edit and otherwise finalize their submissions;
- Maintaining and updating social media and website content, including researching and writing short articles on new findings and developments in global health, major global health, development and diplomacy events held in Washington, DC;
- and take part in publicizing Global Health and Diplomacy events, including work with partner organizations to prepare media advisories and press releases, photographing, live blogging, and otherwise capturing and disseminating news to the leaders who make up our target audience.
Qualifications and skills:
- Strong research, writing and editing skills
- Interest in global health, development, and international relations
- Social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc), web editing and photography skills preferred.
As soon as possible
June 30, 2012
April 7, 2012
Hours per week:
How to apply:
Email cover letter, CV and brief (4-5 page) writing sample to Managing Editor, Sarah Blake: email@example.com. Please note that this is for immediate start to assist in the production of our forthcoming Spring issue. Future internship opportunities will be posted in the coming months.