The MHTF and the journal PLOS currently have a call for papers open for year two of maternal health collection, with the theme “maternal health is women’s health,”and submissions received by April 1 will have the best chance of being published.
From the call for papers:
For Year 2 of the MHTF–PLOS Collection on Maternal Health, we welcome primary research articles (both quantitative and qualitative) and incisive commentary related to maternal health in the context of women’s health throughout their lifespan, and more specifically in the following areas that have been identified by the global maternal health community as critical needs:
- maternal health as part of sexual and reproductive health issues (e.g. family planning, gender-based violence, STIs),
- maternal health and non-communicable diseases (e.g. cardiovascular disease, mental health),
- maternal health and communicable diseases (e.g. malaria, HIV/AIDS),
- implications of child and adolescent health for maternal health, and
- consequences of poor maternal health in later stages of women’s lives (e.g. prolapse and other chronic morbidities).