The Lancet and the M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centres, Universities and National Academies are now accepting submissions of abstracts for presentation at its upcoming 5th World Health Summit as part of the competitive New Voices for Global Health program. Submissions will be considered through June 19, and authors of selected abstracts will have a chance to present their work at the World Health Summit, which will be held from October 20-22, 2013 in Berlin and published in a special booklet that will be distributed at the World Health Summit and on The Lancet’s website.
From the call for submissions:
Issues addressed must be relevant, reflect current challenges, show originality and will spark the interest of conference participants and the readers of The Lancet. Topics of particular interest would be those linked to the summit’s main themes:
Global Health and Development
- Health in the (post 2015) Development Agenda
- Universal Health Coverage
- Global Nutrition and Health
Evidence to Policy
- Evidence for improved Decision-Making
- Social media and global Health
- Foreign Policy and Global Health
Research and Innovation
- New Approaches to the Control of Infectious Diseases
- Research Capacity Strengthening in Low- and Middle-Income countries
- Future of Research for Health
Education and Leadership
- Transforming Health Professions Education through Collaborative Leadership
- Global Health Education
- Interdisciplinary Strategies for Health Communication
Research using qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methods may be submitted.
For more information on submission guidelines, click here.