How often do we talk about men when we talk about maternal and newborn health? Not very often. But we know they play an integral role to the health of the mother, newborn, and family.
Join a Google+ Hangout with Girls’ Globe, Promundo, MenCare and MenEngage this Monday, August 18th, at 9:00 AM ET / 3:00 PM CET to discuss this very topic. The maternal health community will join together with the panelists below to speak about the integral role men play as we team up to accelerate progress for maternal and newborn health as we mark 500 days remaining to achieve the Millennium Development Goals.
- Julia Wiklander, Founder of Girls’ Globe
- Oswaldo Montoya, MenEngage Global Coordinator
- Ruti Levtov, MenCare Global Co-Coordinator; Program Officer, Promundo-US
- Shamsi Kazimbaya, National MenCare+ Project Coordinator, Rwanda Men’s Resource Center (RWAMREC)
- Siska Dewi Noya (Chika), Program Manager for Gender-Based Violence, Rutgers WPF Indonesia; MenCare+ Indonesia Partner