Around the world, Save the Children:
- Provides lifesaving supplies and emotional support for children caught up in disasters like floods, famine and wars
- Campaigns for long-term change to improve children’s lives
- Improves children’s access to the food and healthcare they need to thrive
- Secures a good quality education for the children who need it most
- Protects the world’s most vulnerable children, including those separated from their families because of war, natural disasters, extreme poverty and exploitation
- Works in the poorest countries to help families out of the poverty cycle, so they can feed and support their children
By working with others, Save the Children has played a role in reducing child deaths in recent years, from 12 million a year to 5.9 million a year.