GMHC2013 was a technical conference for scientists, researchers and policy-makers to network, share knowledge and build on progress toward eradicating preventable maternal mortality and morbidity by improving quality of care. The conference was co-sponsored by Management and Development for Health, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and the Maternal Health Task Force at the Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, USA.
In 2010, the first Global Maternal Health Conference was convened in New Delhi, as a partnership with the Public Health Foundation of India and the MHTF. The 2013 conference built on the successful technical focus and abstract-driven structure of the 2010 conference.
GMHC2013 was held at the Arusha International Conference Center in Tanzania, January 15-17, 2013, featuring:
- more than 700 participants/presenters
- parallel sessions and poster presentations within 5 tracks
- 3 plenary sessions with leading maternal health experts
- scholarships for developing country-based presenters
- high-level government officials
- a gala event at the new Mt. Meru Hotel