Since 2009, the Maternal Health Task Force, in partnership with the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and with technical assistance from USAID, has supported the Advancing Dialogue on Maternal Health series at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in Washington, DC.
The Maternal Health Task Force convenes technical meetings to explore critical and emerging areas of maternal health. Past meetings have examined the intersection of allied fields with maternal health to foster dialogue and build consensus.
- Integration of Maternal and Newborn Health Care: In Pursuit of Quality, Boston, September 2014
- Technical Consultation on Fistula Measurement and Estimation, Boston, July 2014
- Fistula Care Plus International Research Advisory Group Meeting, Boston, July 2014
- mHealth for Maternal Health: Bridging the Gaps, Boston, April 2014
- Measuring Advocacy for Policy Change: The Case for Respectful Maternity Care, Boston, October 2013
- Maternal Health, HIV and AIDS: Examining Research Through a Programmatic Lens, Boston, June 2013
- Malaria in Pregnancy: Bringing the Maternal Health and Malaria Communities Together, Istanbul, June 2012
Global Maternal Newborn Health Conference
Mexico City, Mexico
October 18-21, 2015
The Maternal Health Task Force, in collaboration with Save the Children’s Saving Newborn Lives (SNL) program and USAID’s flagship Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP), hosted its third international conference in October 2015. The program focused on the integration of maternal and newborn health. Visit the conference website: www.globalMNH2015.org
Global Maternal Health Conference
The Global Maternal Health Conference (GMHC), held in 2010 and 2013, was an international technical conference focused on maternal health.