The period for nominations is now closed. Awardees have been selected and notified.
We look forward to announcing the awardees at the Global Maternal Health Symposium in September.
On 17 September 2018, the Maternal Health Task Force (MHTF) will host a special Global Maternal Health Symposium at the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health in Boston, Massachusetts. This symposium will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the MHTF, showcase achievements in global maternal health and chart a course forward for critical steps to end preventable maternal mortality and optimize maternal health around the world.
Who do you consider a maternal health visionary?
To commemorate its 10th anniversary, the MHTF is seeking nominations for the Maternal Health Visionary Awards. We are looking for individuals who have made an impact, who push for innovation, who inspire others, who demonstrate sound leadership and who have a powerful vision for the future of maternal health. Nominators may only submit one nominee. The call for nominations is now closed as of 15 July 2018 at 11:59PM ET.
15 June – Call for nominations open
15 July – Nominations due by 11:59 pm ET
30 July – Finalists notified
17 September – Awardees announced
Up to 10 individuals will be selected to receive an inaugural Maternal Health Visionary Award. Each nomination will be reviewed using the following criteria:
- Impact: Has the work of the nominee made a significant contribution to maternal health?
- Innovation: Has the work of the nominee sparked change and/or positive progress in maternal health?
- Inspiration: Has the nominee demonstrated passion for maternal health to such an extent that it has inspired others?
- Leadership: Has the nominee engaged and mentored others in maternal health and, in some way, taken initiative to accelerate progress?
- Future Vision: Is the nominee in a position to continue making significant contributions to maternal health?
Each awardee will receive a $1,000 USD prize to put towards their work in maternal health. Awardees will also receive a fully-funded trip to Boston, Massachusetts (inclusive of roundtrip airfare, lodging, ground transportation and meals) to accept their award at Harvard on 17 September 2018 at the Global Maternal Health Symposium.