Accessing the latest evidence on maternal newborn health can be challenging for many professionals around the world due to barriers such as expensive journal subscription fees, unreliable internet access and difficulty staying up-to-date with so many different publications.
The Maternal Health Task Force (MHTF) aims to address these barriers through its knowledge management system. The MHTF team identifies important findings by consistently scanning relevant scientific literature, news outlets and publications from a wide range of international and country-level organizations. Information is made available to the maternal health community through a variety of channels:
- The Maternal Health Buzz: subscribe to the Buzz to receive the recent must-read maternal health research articles delivered to your inbox every two weeks
- The MTHF Quarterly: subscribe to our quarterly e-newsletter providing an in-depth look at an important topic in maternal health with helpful online and downloadable resources
- MHTF Blog: read summaries of recent research findings and other topics in maternal newborn health from our team and guest contributors—subscribe to receive new blog posts to your inbox
- Social media: connect with us on Twitter and Facebook to stay up-to-date on the latest research, follow live coverage of maternal health events and engage with the global maternal health community
- Global Maternal Health News: stay informed on the latest maternal health news by scanning our running list of the most current maternal health information from scientific and gray literature
- Events Calendar: discover upcoming maternal health events taking place around the world
- Resource database: search our extensive supply of recent publications, videos, online classes, training materials, advocacy materials, program planning tools, key papers, public health graduate programs and maternal health organizations. Filter searches by category, topic, geography and language
- Organization database: search for organizations working on maternal and newborn health issues around the globe
- Topic pages: delve into detailed information on important maternal health topics, featuring background information and recommended resources
Get involved! We’re always looking for guest bloggers, ideas for new blog series or topic pages, new resources to share or upcoming events to feature through the MHTF’s knowledge management system. Please let us know what you’re working on and how we might be able to connect.