Call for Abstracts: Global Health Metrics and Evaluation
The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, The Lancet, the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, the Harvard School of Public Health, and the University of Queensland School of Population Health invite submission of abstracts for oral or poster presentations at the Global Health Metrics & Evaluation: Controversies, Innovation, Accountability conference, to be held on March 14–16, 2011 in Seattle, WA, USA.
The peer-review process will be organized by The Lancet. Accepted abstracts will be published in a booklet and on The Lancet‘s website.
A broad range of topics related to health metrics and evaluation will be covered during the conference. Abstracts can be submitted on the following topics:
- The latest approaches to measuring maternal mortality
- Transitions in non-communicable diseases in rich and poor countries
- Controversies in the burden of malaria
- Trends in health inequalities
- Integrated surveillance systems
- Responsible data sharing and strengthening country capacity for analysis
- New quantitative tools for priority setting
- The next generation of metrics for health-system performance
Guidelines for abstract submission
- 250-300 words in length
- Written in English
- Abstracts should include the following:
- Please indicate whether the abstract is being submitted for consideration as:
- An oral presentation
- A poster
- Either an oral presentation or a poster
The GHME Organizing Committee will cover the registration fee, air travel, and accommodation expenses during the conference dates for all individuals whose abstracts are selected for an oral presentation and for some individuals whose abstracts are selected for a poster session. Students and participants from low-or middle-income countries whose abstracts are accepted for the poster session will be given priority for financial support.
Please submit your abstract as an attached Microsoft Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 6, 2010. Participants will be informed of the acceptance of abstracts for oral or poster presentation no later than Jan. 24, 2011. For more information about the GHME 2011 conference, please visit the conference website ghme.org.
Categories: Maternal Health